In the unlikely event that you experience a problem with your stairlift these trouble shooting tips may help you resolve the issue straight away. If not we are always on hand at your local branch to help or call us on 0120 044 4254
Are you having a problem with your stairlift?
In the unlikely event that you experience a problem with your stairlift, these troubleshooting tips may help you resolve the issue straight away. If not we are always on hand at your local branch to help or call us on 0800 077 3204.
Frequently Asked Stairlift Troubleshooting Questions
Have you noticed that there is something not quite right with your stairlift or there is a certain issue that keeps persisting? Although Stannah stairlifts are one of the best stairlifts on the market sometimes things can go wrong. That being said more often than not your stairlift is probably facing a problem that many people have come across before.
For that reason we have created a list of frequently asked stairlift troubleshooting questions that we often get asked when someone is suffering with a problem with their stairlift.
Browse a selection of our troubleshooting questions below and get your stairlift back in working condition as soon as possible.
If the power light is off:
- Check the on/off switch, (usually located on the arm) is on.
- Check that the master power switch is on (usually located under the seat on the carriage, either at the front or back).
- Check that the key is inserted and turned to the on position (usually located under the seat on the carriage at the front or side).
If the power light is on:
- Check that the chair is fully swivelled back to its travelling position and that the swivel levers are in the correct position.
- Check whether there is anything obstructing the safety edges – if there is move the stairlift in the opposite direction, remove the obstruction and then you can continue your journey.
- If you have a hinged rail ensure the rail is fully lowered and locked in position.
If your stairlift still does not move:
- Turn the power key to the off position and then back on.
- Move and hold the control in the direction of travel for a few seconds after which the stairlift should start.
- If the stairlift still doesn’t work at this point call your local branch.
Your stairlift will beep if the batteries are not being charged.
- Check the wall switch is on.
- Check that the power has not tripped.
- Check the stairlift is parked correctly at the top or bottom of the stairs.
- If you have checked these things and your stairlift continues to beep switch your stairlift off and call your local branch.
- Check and replace the batteries if necessary.
- Call your local branch. Use the manual swivel levers under the seat in the meantime.
- Call your branch or supplier. If the rail is causing an obstruction you can raise the rail manually by grasping the underside of the rail.
Stannah Stairlift Fault Diagnostic Codes Explained
PLEASE CALL: 01200-444254 – IN EMERGENCY
Our Top Tips
- It is important to proceed with care when attempting to diagnose, repair or fix the issue with your stairlift. It is always a good idea to ensure that someone else is around to be able to help you troubleshoot your stairlift with you.
- If your stairlift gets stuck whilst someone is using it, it is best practice to keep the user seated and see if you can restart it or call for some help. If you do have to get out of the seat, please make sure you can do this procedure safely, take it slow and ensure someone is there to help you.
- If you are home alone, we recommend carrying round a mobile phone when using the stairlift, this way if an issue occurs you can alert others if you need help.
- Before you carry out any troubleshooting, make sure you are doing so from a safe position and if necessary ask for assistance.
Do you need your stairlift repaired?
If you have surveyed your Stannah stairlift and noticed that your stairlift needs to be repaired, here at Affordable Mobility we offer a Stannah stairlift repair service with a 24-hour call system so you can get your stairlift repaired in no time. We have engineers on call 7 days a week and aim to get out to all our customers within 24 hours. Even if you are not one of our previous customers we will always do our best to get your stairlift up and running again.
For more information on our stairlift repair service, please speak to a member of the team on 0800 077 3204.